An experienced Web Application Architect and Full Stack Software Engineer, Ty Rauber is proficient at developing progressive web applications, services and platforms that are highly interactive, performant and scalable.
- PostgreSQL Database Design (pg-crypto, postgis, jsonb, row-level-security)
- REST and GraphQL API Development (Koa.js, Postgraphile)
- Migration and scaling of Cloud Services (AWS, Cloudflare, Fastly, Imgix, Serverless, Docker)
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Development with Server Side Rendering (SSR) and Client Side Hydration (CSH) (Vue.js, Koa.js)
- Continuous Integration, and Iterative Test Driven Development (Jest, Supertest, SuperAgent)
The Outbound Collective, Inc. (theoutbound.com)
Chief Technology Officer / Co-Founder, Dec 2012 – Present
- Product Development, UI/UIX, Engineering, System Architecture and Operations.
- Managed Engineering and Product Development of the Web Platform, API, iOS and Android Applications for The Outbound, an online community of outdoor enthusiasts featuring exclusive local adventures, activities, trips and gear.
Software Engineer, February - October 2012
- Built a Rails Geocoding Platform with PostGIS, PolyMaps and US Census Data to provide geospatial context. Developed front-end interfaces and back-end functionality in a iterative, test-driven environment.
Freelance Web Development
Web Design & Development, 2006 - 2012
- Developed web sites, built and supported online storefronts and developed custom web applications. Clients included LayeredMapping, DJ Cheb i Sabbah, VK Nagrani, Beauty Huile, PortalVideo, Ubikorp, GoGreenSolar, Zeemote, ConceptSpring, CopicMarker, LightBeam, Blue Spike,StopPatentPiracy.com and Von Klein Property Management.
Dead Art Films & Red1331
Filmmaker/ Red One Operator, 2004 - 2011
- In 2004, released a first feature Film, "Who Killed John O'Neill?"
- In 2011, released a second feature Film, "Bring Me Up, Baby"
Digital Media On Demand, Inc. (DMOD), Boston, Massachusetts
Founder, President and CEO, 1997 - 2003
- Developed the first system to securely sell media online, predating iTunes by 3 years.
- Authored a patent "to securely distribute digital media commercially over the Internet".
- As Chairman of the Board, raised $21.5 Million dollars in three rounds of funding from top tier VC, including Greylock, Pilot House, Sage Hill and the Intel 64 Fund.
- As President and CEO, grew the company to over 40 people.
1996 - 1999, 2003 - 2004: Boston University
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Film from Boston University’s College of Communication.